Friday, February 7, 2014

Sugar crash

The funk…..

I ran my full marathon three weeks ago and I have ran twice and worked out three times in the three weeks that followed. WHAT IS WRONG with me??? I love working out and I love running. I live in California so it certainly isn't the weather getting me down.

I have been eating like crap. And when I say crap…I mean, brownies, candy, cookies, more cookies, more brownies, M&M's and the list goes on but it's making me sick just typing this up. SUGAR. I believe that SUGAR has been my downfall. I normally eat sugar, sure. I don't diet. I don't really watch what I eat, but generally, I eat pretty healthy. I don't keep baked goods or candy in my house because to be honest, I just don't have any self control when it comes to that.

For example. I was at a week long training session last week and that is where I ate most of the junk food. They had it sitting out on tables, just calling me name. The best part, or maybe now, I 'm thinking the worst part, was that it was free. If it cost money, there is no way I would have eaten any of it. So the week ended and I was thankful to be away from that sugar rush.

This week, I decided to make cookies. WHY? I don't need them and when I make them, I pretty much eat them or breakfast, lunch and dinner. Well, that is exactly what is happening. I decided to get out of my funk and go to the gym today and run since the last time I ran and went to the gym was Monday. I had two cookies for breakfast and a small bowl of granola cereal. I can't believe I did that. Well, maybe I can. I know me. I know my habits. I'm shaking my head right now.

I went to my gym class and was tired and out of breath and just felt crappy.  After class I went for a 3 mile run and just felt slow and sluggish. During my run is when I realized, it's probably all the sugar I have been eating. My slower than normal minute per mile was a huge reminder to never make cookies again. 

Tomorrow I will hit the gym again and I have a 4 mile run. No more cookies for me. I threw the bag in the trash. Hopefully they get out of my system soon so I can get back to running my normal speed.

HipsSister running belt review: (as promised)

Decided to wear tight fitting capri, cotton/spandex pants for running today since it was cooler outside. I put it on, this time over my tank top. I placed my car key in the pocket and put my phone in the zippered pocket that rests on my lower back. I took off and immediately noticed that it wasn't going to go anywhere today. It stayed put. I was so happy. I think the problem on Monday was that my shorts were a slippery material and not tight fitting so they moved, which caused the belt to move. It also may have helped that I put it over my tank top (which was tight fitting too). The only thing I wish that were different is that they should have a longer zipper for one pocket for those that have longer phones than the iPhone. My phone fits but I have to put it in at an angle and then push it down. I have to be careful not to detach my headphones when putting it in the pocket. Overall, I think this is a great product at a great price. (Reading their website says the unzipped pouch is for the phone. But I like to keep my zipped up.)

RATING: 4 out of 5
For $26 you get a comfy running belt to hold, keys, Gu, snacks, phone/ipod, whatever your heart desired. There are two zippered pockets and one small pouch. There are an assortment of colors and a few new patterns to choose from. They have four sizes to choose from. I am 5'7, 132 pounds and ordered the size A.

The one I bought can be seen here:
https://squareup.com/market/traveling-light-and-comfortable/left-coast-carbon#





No comments:

Post a Comment