Monday, February 3, 2014

Getting it started

And this week is the start…..

I ran my full marathon two weeks ago. My plan was to take one week off and then start back up on my training for the future half marathons. WELL…work and lack of motivation got in the way. I had training all week for work and the drive was horrendous which made me want to sit on the couch and veg all week…which is exactly what I did.

TODAY is a new week and it's time to get running. I received my new running shoes in the mail last week so I was excited to have them hit the pavement. My training plan has me running Tuesdays, Thursdays, Fridays and Sundays. I know today is Monday and that's how motivated I felt this morning…AFTER Superbowl…might I add.

I woke up and went to my Cardiogirl fitness class. Today was "arm day" so it makes for a good day to start running again because tomorrow is "leg day." Oh I can't tell you how horrible it is to run after "leg day."

I set out for my 3 mile run and I decided to make it a jog rather than a run. After all, it was MONDAY, not TUESDAY. Took it slow….really slow…at a 9.45 min/mile pace on average but it felt good. Not great. My body felt tired but that's probably from all the crap food I ate this weekend and not drinking enough water. Tomorrow will be better.

New Asics running shoes

My measly 3 mile run   

I also tried on a new running belt this morning which I purchased from Traveling Light and Comfortable. The running belt is called, "HipS-sisters".  It's a stretchy material that you can step into or pull over your head. It sits on your hips. There are two zippered pockets and a small unzipped pocket/pouch that I slid my car key into for the run. I'll post a picture tomorrow. I forgot to take one today. 

REVIEW: When I first started running, it kept sliding up and then I thought, well this is comfortable as it slid around my abdomen and sat there. I have a slim waist and bigger rear end, so I thought maybe this is why it kept sliding up. But after I adjusted it two times, early on in the run, it stayed put on my hips. By the end of the run, it was a little scrunched but at least it stayed on my hips. During the last adjustment, I moved the pocket that held my phone to the middle of the lower back and maybe that made the difference since I had originally started out with it on the side of my hip. While running, I also thought  this might be good to wear when I go wine tasting so that I don't have to find a place to hook my purse while tasting at the counter :). DUAL purpose…I like that. I'll wear it tomorrow during my run and give my final, thumbs up, thumbs middle or thumbs down.


Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/TLCHipBand
Website: http://www.tlchipbands.com

No comments:

Post a Comment