Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Who is this girl?

Well.....it all started when I was 30 in 2007 with a Revlon Run/Walk 5k in Los Angeles. After that, I had an interest in running but didn't run my next race until September 2009.

In 2009 I ran my first half marathon. I didn't really train (when I say I really didn't train, I really didn't. I think I ran maybe three times and maybe five miles was my longest run) but knew I could do it. My best friend, Julie and I signed up and ran the Disney half marathon.

In 2010 I wanted to do the San Diego Triple Crown and I ran the Carlsbad half marathon, La Jolla half marathon and the Americas Finest City half marathon to complete my first triple crown. Disaster struck and I injured my knee during the La Jolla half marathon and my IT (illiotibial) band was on fire. Despite my painful knee, I continued to run. To finish off 2010, I flew to Indiana and ran the Indianapolis Monumental half marathon with my sister. It was the first time I had ran with my sister and it was so great to cross the finish line with her. My knee was so painful that I decided to take a break from running in 2011 to go through physical therapy and to let me knee heal.

In 2012 I was in full stride again.This year I wanted to complete a triple crown and run my first marathon. I started out the year not so great. In January, I  was signed up for the Carlsbad half marathon and the morning of the race my appendix decided it was going to become inflamed and it kept me in the hospital well past the start of the race. I did in fact make up for it. I ran a triple crown in the Rock N Roll race series (Pasadena, San Diego and L.A) and in March I ran my first full marathon in the L.A Marathon. I ended 2012 with my first sprint triathlon, the San Dimas Turkey Trot.

In 2013 I had no real goals, just to run and throw in a couple sprint triathlons. I ran the Santa Monica Beach Jam half marathon, Divas half marathon, Delta Harvest half marathon, Surf City 10 miler, Santa Clarita half marathon (PR), Los Angeles 10k Turkey Trot and the Holly Jolly half marathon.I completed two sprint triathlons (Castaic and Hansen Dam). I also started training in October for my second full marathon in January 2014.

....and so 2014 starts with new goals and a running blog to track my accomplishments. #1:  I am going to run my second full marathon on January 19th in the Carlsbad marathon. #2: I am going to run twelve half marathons in twelve months. In those twelve runs, I am going to run a triple crown with my sister (Rock N Roll Dallas, Philadelphia and Las Vegas) and also complete the California race series runs (4 races for a special medal). And so my journey begins........

No comments:

Post a Comment